Od: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas@xxxxxxxxx>
Předmět: Re: Which "VIDEO-PLAYER" ?
Datum: 26.2.2010 13:26:39
On Friday 26 February 2010 00:44:57 j.halifax . wrote:
Questions are the following:
- Which "video-player" to use
- How to call it from the web site for running it in a frame
I think VLC and its streaming capabilities might do what you want to achieve. You can further investigate there::

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

HTH,
Jorge

To call an in frame media player in a web browser, sort of like they do with YouTube, if I am guessing correctly what you want to do, you need to host the html file on a web server, and use the embed tags to embed the media into the page:

<EMBED SRC="../graphics/sounds/1812over.mid" HEIGHT=60 WIDTH=144> (as an example)

To get more complex with this use that code and either set up a CGI file or a php file that can do all the dynamic settings you require.

Most of the responses I have seen seem to be looking at it from a client perspective, that can stream a playlist to a client. I honestly
have never gotten VLC to really work in a stream mode, but the html embed stuff, and other media control html works perfectly.