Which "VIDEO-PLAYER" ?

Hi video-gurus,

Could you please give me an advice of which "video-player" (some SW) to use for the following task on FC12_64 ?

(1) I need to create a web-site on my PC with a PLAYER playing video in one of its frames
(2) The video-content played should be an "endless" list of small video-shots with their names
(or data) being read from standard input of the player or from an "infinitely" growing file or pipe

Questions are the following:
- Which "video-player" to use
- How to call it from the web site for running it in a frame

Thank you so much...
jh