Re: How to Get rid of Dragon Player

Jim wrote:

> How can I get rid of Dragon Player ????

My guess is that it is part of kde-multimedia, so it would not be practical to
uninstall that package without gouging some necessary stuff from your system.

What you can do, however, is to go through system settings/advanced tab/file
associations and move dragon player down the list for the file types where it gets
started and you wish something else would start instead. Likely, that would be mpg,
avi, flv and other video media types.

Of course, you need to have something installed that can handle those file types,
like kaffeine, kplayer, smplayer, vlc, gnome-mplayer, etc. Those are available from
the rpmfusion repo. Then, you make sure that one of these programs appears higher in
the list.

This should solve your problem.