Re: How the H&*()*) do I turn auto numbering in OO Writer completely OFF ?

I think I figured out how to turn off autonumbering.

First of all, the help system on OO Writer version 3.3.1 Build 9420 is
wrong.

To turn it on, it says:

"OpenOffice.org can automatically apply numbering or bullets as you
type.

To Enable Automatic Numbering and Bulleting
     1. Choose Tools - AutoCorrect Options, click the Options tab, and
        then select Apply Numbering - Symbol.

2. Choose Format - AutoCorrect, and ensure that While Typing is
selected."

To actually turn auto numbering off, go to Format -> Autocorrect ->
Autocorrect Options.

Go to the Options tab.   Unselect the "Apply numbering - symbol: *"
option.

While I was in the option tab I also turned off "Replace bullets with:
*"

At this point I don't know if this setting is saved for OO Writer
globally or if I have to do it for every document I start.  But at least
its not tripping me up on my work tonight.

I hope this helps someone.