> Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > --- On Sun, 2/21/10, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> Patrick Bartek
> > > <bartek047@xxxxxxxxx>

> <m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx>

> and
> > > [big snip]
> > >
> > > This morning when I openned firefoc I got an
> offer to
> > > download firefox
> > > 3.6. A bz2 was downloaded and extracted. But no
> > > instructions appeared
> > > onn how to install it. How can it be installed?
> Or should
> > > it be
> > > installed this way?
> >
> > As root, cd to the directory where the rpm is and
> >
> >   rpm -ivh <rpmpackagename>
> >
> > will do it.  However, I prefer, as root,
> >
> >   yum localinstall <pathtorpm>
> >
> > which will handle dependencies, if any.

> The Firefox from Mozilla is not an rpm. Yum install will
> not install 3.6
> from the normal repositories.

Oops.  Sorry 'bout that.  So used to working with rpms, I forgot about tar.  Anyway....

Uncompress the bz2'd tar archive in your /home folder, cd to the firefox folder, and mostly likely as root, run the updater executable.  That should install everything and overwrite your existing Firefox install, but shouldn't affect your bookmarks or configs.