Re: Yum update problem -

On 20/02/10 23:29, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> --- On Fri, 2/19/10, Bob Goodwin<bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>

>> Yum update does not complete this
>> morning. I am presented with an error
>> message:
>>
> Yes.  Try again tomorrow.
>
> I got similar errors a few days after initially installing F12 in November.  I tried a couple of things as you did, but still got those messages.  I decided not to do the update; the system was running okay as it was.  I would figure it out later.  A couple of days later I tried updating again, and everything worked just fine.
>
> My theory for the problem was that the proper dependencies weren't available for whatever reason; however, they were later.

Yes, I know you are correct, usually it works in a day or two. In this
case I suspect I have a dependency that few others have, probably due to
something I installed recently in an attempt to use some IP internet
cameras. I can un-install that stuff but will wait as you suggest and
see what happens. And removing what I installed may not be sufficient to
correct the problem if the removal leaves something else behind.

Also there was an earlier response stating:

    "In this particular case, unfortunately a Fedora maintainer pushed out
    an update to a library which is used by a number of programs, without
    making sure all the programs depending on the specific version were
    also updated to match.  This broke Miro as well, and I'm very sorry
    for the trouble this might cause users."

Thanks for your reply.

Bob