Re: Upgrade downgrades Firefox

Marcel Rieux wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Patrick Bartek <bartek047@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> --- On Sat, 2/20/10, Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> I was running Firefox 3.6.? and
>>> upgrades were available today. After
>>> reboot, Firefox opened with version 3.5.8. I tried yum
>>> update
>>> firefox... and I apparently have the latest version!
>>>
>> What does 'yum info Firefox' report?  What version of Fedora are you using?
>>

> yum info firefox
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> Installed Packages
> Name       : firefox
> Arch       : x86_64
> Version    : 3.5.8
> Release    : 1.fc12
> Size       : 17 M
> Repo       : installed
> >From repo  : updates
> Summary    : Mozilla Firefox Web browser
> URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
> License    : MPLv1.1 or GPLv2+ or LGPLv2+
>            : standards compliance, performance and portability.
>
> I was formerly running 3.6.? (whichever was current). Isn't it amazing
> that everybody doesn't have the same problem?

This is probably because FF 3.5.8 is in the normal repository and FF
3.6.0 is in rawhide.  3.5.8 is the most current for F12.  If you install
from rawhide you'll get 3.6.0.f13.

You should check your yum.log to see what transpired and when.  FWIW,
I've seen some folks download FF3.6 from mozilla and install it
themselves.  i.e. non-RPM, forget what they did, and then wonder what
happened.