Re: pulseaudio memory usage possible leak

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree that the numbers don't prove it one way or the other.  I was just
> pointing out that showing numbers doesn't help.

True.  But it does look suspicious.  I know measuring actual memory
usage is a bit of a black art, though, so I can believe it's not an
issue.

> As to the issues with firefox it could be flash, but the previous version of
> firefox, given the same open tabs and content didn't show such high CPU
> usage as soon as it starts.   I'm running the 64 bit firefox and it really
> sucks when it comes to sites which use flash heavily it crashes repeatedly.

That does sound bad.  If you're bored, you could try running the 3.6
version proved by the remi repository:

http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en

I'm running that, but I too am seeing constant CPU usage with lots of
tabs up (10-30%), so no promises!  Maybe it'll at least be more
stable.

reid