Re: screen brightness - full brightness on battery not possible ?

On 02/20/2010 12:16 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Saturday 20 February 2010 16:49:28 Andre Goree wrote:
>> [an encrypted message]
>
> Why do you send encrypted messages to a public mailing list?
>
> For the OP --- if you use KDE, look under systemsettings -> advanced -> power
> management -> edit profiles -> powersave -> screen -> brightness.
>
> If you use Gnome, then I don't know, but guess that something similar should
> exist somewhere in Gnome power management settings.

  gnome power manager for plugged in has a brightness slider - for
batter there is only a check box for dimming the screen which I
unselected - perhaps it is broken.

  The batter tab should have a slider too but it doesn't.

  All controls do work - its just something has decided to dim the
screen and I can find no way to undim it while on battery.

  hardware/bios controls work fine but are set to full.

  I was a kde user but left them when post 3.5 .. sad really ... it
has/had a much better philosophy ..