Re: nscd cache works how?

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:03:39 +0800
Ed Greshko wrote:

> Are you asking for more detail than the second paragraph of the nscd man
> page?

Yea, that just says it "provides cacheing", I wasn't sure what
that means. Maybe it implies the glibc code is the place where
the insinuation happens, but I'm not sure :-)

> > More curiosity: My mailer claims I sent this yesterday, but
> > it hasn't shown up in the archives or my copy of the users
> > list, so I'm trying it again. Anyone have any idea where the
> > original might have gone? (Maybe I used the wrong sender addr?).

I think my mail setup was adversely affected by the highly
reliable (NOT) comcast internet connection these last few days.
A reboot and a "mailq -q" seems to have gotten things going
again (for now).