Re: Moblin is dead, Fedora on netbooks?

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 20:52 -0800, Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
> I went to all kinds of effort and expense to build the very most
> powerful Xeon box I could afford.
>
> What I didn't realize, was that it would generate so much heat that I
> would not be able to tolerate its use with my window shut.  The box is
> in my bedroom; if I should fall asleep while it is running, I will
> awaken drenched in sweat.

Water cooling, with the radiator sitting outside?

Heat's a real problem in my industry (video production), too.  By the
time you've plugged in audio and video mixers, audio amplifier, several
video monitors, and other equipment in, you're using 700 watts.  Which
isn't far off plugging in a 500 watt bar radiator, as far as warming up
the room, goes.

For my computers, I've stuck with old, low power, ~500 MHz Celerons to
work my file and mail server.  It's more than fast enough for that task,
and doesn't use much power.  I've one moderately powerful desktop and
laptop computer.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686