Re: radeon driver / fc12 / ati hd 4770

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:23:09 -0800
gary artim wrote:

> Any other options I could try to fix this? I'd be happy as a clam if
> it just worked right, no 3d, just a good snappy screen.

On my system at work with a radeon HD card, I finally switched to
the radeonhd driver and by disabling enough options, got it to
be reliable in 2d. I added nomodeset to kernel options and made
an xorg.conf file with this for the driver:

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Option      "DRI" "off"
	Option      "AccelMethod" "shadowfb"
	Option      "NoRandr"
	Option      "UnverifiedFeatures" "off"
	Driver      "radeonhd"
EndSection

This works with my HD 2400 PRO, but who knows if it will work
for anthing else :-).