Re: F11 update issue

On 9 February 2010 08:59, Mike Cloaked <mike.cloaked@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In today's updates there is a message during yum update for  dnssec-conf:
>  Cleanup        : dnssec-conf-1.21-2.fc11.noarch
> 11/15
> sed: can't read /etc/pki/dnssec-keys/named.dnssec.keys: No such file or
> directory
>
> Then when restarting the named service there is an error that is associated
> with this....
>
> Is this just me or is it a bug?

Check to see whether the file exists and if so whether it is
accessible by the user or group "named" since your BIND will
presumably be dropping priviledges once loaded.  If you are chrooted
as well, you may need to check both the chroot and non-chroot config
folder depending on when the file gets read.

This may not be down to the DNSSEC update from this morning though.  I
had a couple of problems and errors after the last update of BIND on
F11 a few days back.  It looks like that update moved some files
around (localhost zones) and reset some file and directory
permissions.  The zone file issue was partly my problem as I wasn't
using the default F11 BIND names for legacy reasons (now fixed).  I
run "rndc stats" and parse some of the output into MRTG every five
minutes, this was failing as the process was chrooted and the "named"
user and group had had their rights to the statistics file revoked.

--
Andy

The only person to have all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe