Re: Packages to be removed for Fedora 13

A. Boggiano wrote:

> Il 08/02/2010 13:56, Till Maas ha scritto:
>> showimg
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/showimg
>
> I use showimg.

The big problem with this one is that it's dead upstream (since 2006!) and
stuck at KDE 3 (which also implies that its kipi-plugins support no longer
works because we ship only the KDE 4 kipi-plugins these days, as all the
other stuff using the Kipi framework has moved on to KDE 4). And it's not
like its featureset is unique (it's just an image viewer). I'd recommend
that you (and all other remaining users of ShowImg, if any) migrate to
Gwenview or some other actively maintained image viewer.

        Kevin Kofler