Re: FC11 Install Requires Network Connectivity?

Mikkel wrote:
> On 01/30/2010 09:39 AM, Tod Thomas wrote:
>
>> I'm in the middle of rebuilding two new machines, neither of them are
>> attached to the network.  After following the prompts (3-4 screens) I
>> get "Some of your software repositories require networking but there was
>> an error enabling the network on your system." and no other option but
>> to exit the installation.
>>
>> AM I reading this right?  I can't do a standalone install anymore w/o
>> network connectivity?  I'm sure I didn't download the Live CD but just
>> to make sure I'm downloading the DVD ISO again and reburning.  Is there
>> a way to get around this?  What am I doing wrong?
>>

> If you only enable the install (DVD) repo, you will not require the
> network. I think you run into the same problem if you enable any of
> the software groups during install, but I am not sure...
>
> Mikkel

Once you get past the drive layout screen, the ability to configure
installation repositories is presented at the bottom of the page.  You
just need limit to the local repository to perform the install with the
mounted DVD - duh.

For the next stupid question, can I just upgrade from FC10 to 11 without
needing to blow away and reformat my drive?  Seems kind of steep to need
to reformat everything.  Maybe I missed a checkbox somewhere?

Thanks -Tod