Re: NetworkManager, dbus, 3G USB Modems and SMS

Hello,

You could try to use gammu to read/send sms-es.
Here is a link on how to use it with a huawei e160
http://tensixtyone.com/perma/howto-send-sms-using-a-huawei-e160g-and-debian
I tested with my huawei e180, and I was able to send/recieve sms-es,
read/write contact book.

There is an frontend for it, is called wammu.

yum install gammu wammu -y