Re: Fedora 12 and 11 KDE - No Sound

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 05:39:54PM +0000, Chris Ross wrote:
> On 02/02/2010 02:35 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Chris Ross wrote:
> >
> >> Although the "Input Devices" tab shows  ICE1712 [Envy24] PCI
> >> Multi-Channel I/O Controller the Output Devices tab shows only the NULL
> >> device. Selecting Show ->  Hardware Output Devices  simply says "No
> >> output devices available".  Why would that be and where can I tell
> >> PulseAudio to look for audio hardware?
> >>
> > pulseaudio seems to have gotten very confused, not sure how best to get it
> > back in touch with reality...
> >
> > try rebooting or restarting your session?
> >

> I have done. Many times. It doesn't help.

Also have troubles getting sound working in F12 KDE.

With the earlier F12 kernels I did not have sound problems.

But with 2.9.31 kernels mplayer for examples stops after .1  second
and I do not hear anything (from the start).
(can't test older kernels anymore...)

I installed the rawhide/F13 kernel 2.9.33 rc6 and mplayer continues
to 'play' but I still do not hear anything. PLaying around with kmix
or alsamix does not help.
Then for so,e reason I killed the pulseaudio process and restarted it
manually form a Kconsole. Guess what! I suddenly do get real sound!
Playing youtubes with firefox still had problems (no sound and hanging
movie) but after restarting firefox this problem got resolverd too!

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.
    =======---------        ph. +31-(0)6-54724868          P.O. Box 112