Re: Fedora -12 packages ---Query

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 17:21 +0530, Anil Jindal wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I downloaded fedora 12 image from
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/12/Live/i686/Fedora-12-i686-Live.iso
>
> But I could not find any gcc/g++ or any development tool or package in
> it.
>

> Please guide me how I can get full version Fedora 12 or I can get
> particular version with development tools and packages.

Hi Anil,

The Live CD contains a small portion of the packages in Fedora. The
Installation DVD contains more, but still only a fraction of the total
available packages.

You can add additional packages at any time using the menu option
System>Administration>Add/Remove Software or by using the yum command
(or pkcon). For example, you can add most of the basic software
development tools with this one command:

	yum groupinstall 'Development Libraries' 'Development Tools'

...will install most of the packages needed for basic development. You
can allso install individual packages:

	yum install gcc

-Chris