Re: radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.

Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> Since you don't mind using closed-source drivers... :-) If the graphics
> card in your machine is not integrated (ie. is replaceable), my advice is
> to go buy an nVidia card. They at least provide nonzero support for
> contemporary Linux. And if it is integrated, next time you go buy a
> motherboard/laptop --- do choose carefully... ;-)

Recommending proprietary drivers in general and NVidia in particular is a
very bad idea, they'll come to bite you in the ass sooner or later, and with
NVidia there's no alternative with OpenGL support. (Nouveau reportedly works
great for 2D these days though.)

        Kevin Kofler