Re: Howto lock in Resolution in Xorg.conf

On Thursday 28 January 2010 18:36:43 Jim wrote:
> Noveau is not changing the xorg.conf, it is hal or something like that
> in Fedora.

Nothing should be changing xorg.conf just out of the blue. And the settings in
there should be honored by X.

Couple of stupid questions: are you sure that you have saved your changes to
the file after editing? Are you sure you are editing the right file?

Maybe it is a ownership/permissions problem. Post the output of

ls -l /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Also, maybe there is some error in the file itself, and X falls back to
autoconfiguring. Post the output of

cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Maybe for some odd reason the xorg.conf file is not being used at all. Post the
output of

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

With all this info I guess we'll have a better idea on what is going on.

HTH, :-)
Marko