Re: Am I the only one?

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 15:11 +0100, François Patte wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I post again my problem: on my f12 install I have a problem with symlink
> /dev/cdrom, /dev/dvd, /dev/cdrw, /dev/dvdrw which all exist *until I
> insert a disk in the device*, as soon as the disk is mounted, these
> links are erased and don't come back untill the next boot.
>
> I would like to know if anybody else experienced the same problem and I
> am searching a clue to solve this problem.
>
> I suspect HAL or udev, but don't know how to search.
>
> I have a fully updated fedora 12
>
> Thanks for attention.

What you describe sounds like a udev problem. It is udev that is
responsible for creating the devices. I have no brilliant solution but
it sounds like for some reason udev decides that those /dev files are
not needed when confronted with an inserted. Now one question. Are you
inserting data CDs or music or video CDs? Only data CDs are mounted. Are
you somehow trying to mount a music CD?