Re: Can't burn CD iso in F12

On 01/28/2010 01:35 PM, Mike Cloaked wrote:
> Frank Murphy<frankly3d<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>

>> Done a DVD earlier today, no problems.
>> Brasero x86_64
>> Is it CD.iso specific?
>>
> Only tried cd isos  -  2 different isos - same result.... weird - will try on
> a different machine tomorrow....

Can you try a command line burn?  Something like:

	growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=/path/to/.iso/file

and see if that works?  It often does for me when the GUI stuff fails.

And no, I've never sorted out why the GUI fails, but I suspect there's
a race condition between the burning software and the desktop manager
trying to mount the volume before the burner is done with it.