Re: Howto lock in Resolution in Xorg.conf

On 01/28/2010 10:22 AM, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Thursday 28 January 2010, Jim wrote:

>>> What about SYSTEM->PREFERENCES->DISPLAY
>>>
>> What is that ?
>> In KDE  there is no system>preferences>display is that a package or a
>> app. part of a package ?
>>

> Try this:
> Settings ->System Settings ->Display

Thanks, That works while in your desktop, you can change to the the
Resolution you want.

BUT!! ,if I restart computer then the settings in xorg.conf controls the
resolution, and no matter what settings you put in xorg.conf, some thing
is changing xorg.conf and the resolution goes back up to a higher
resolution setting.

I think the System Settings > Display is for the Nouveau, and I can't
use that driver on my  GeForce 8400GS or Geforce 6150LE when it goes
into a sleep mode for a half hour, then I wake it up, the mouse has
disappeared, and I have to restart computer to get mouse working again.

So I'm stuck using the "nvidia" driver and xorg.conf.