Re: Anyone know how to rsync or ssh to an ftp site? (Follow on to Tar Oddity)

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 13:02 +0100, DB wrote:
> As Patrick said, it doesn't work - I'd rather hoped there might be a
> sort of "one sided rsync" that would read the destination, do a diff
> on it & upload what was needed.  Ho hum.

Rsync not only avoids moving files which haven't changed, it avoids
moving any unchanged blocks of files which have changed. This means
there has to be something on the server side that understands what to do
with the fragments that rsync is sending it. An ftp or http demon is not
capable of doing this.

poc