Re: KDE4 Klauncher

On Saturday 23 January 2010 17:52:23 Jim wrote:
> FC12-x86_64/kde
>
> I'm trying to start a script file in .kde/Autostart/ , but when I
> restart KDE from login window , kde starts but says ;
>
> Error launching
> /usr/share/applications/kde4/kwrite.desktop
> Either KLauncheris not running anymore , or it failed to start the
> application.
>
> Where do I check to see if KLauncher is started ?
>

> I put in ./kde/Autostart/xrandr

I suppose you meant ~/.kde/Autostart, not ./kde/Autostart, right?

Do you have the executable bit set for the script?

chmod a+x yourscript.sh

Also, you may use the GUI to set up autostart: systemsettings -> Advanced tab
-> Autostart -> Add script. When configuring, make sure you set the script to
run on startup (not pre-KDE startup, because KDE might try to change
resolution while loading).

HTH, :-)
Marko