Re: A thought on abrt

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 22:43 -0500, Mail Llists wrote:
> This already came up a while back - the concern as I recall  was
> coredumps may contain private data - the traceback you can read and
> check .. the coredump you cant (easily).

The 95% answer to that is that you don't send a coredump of your initial
fault.  You try to get the computer to fail again, and if you can,
you've got a repeatable fault.

If you can get it to fault from a cold boot, then hopefully you're only
testing the things that are faulty, and not including anything personal
(since your cold boot test would be just with the fault, and not while
you're downloading your mail and doing your internet banking in the
background, as well).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686