Re: Will Firefox 3.6 be pushed?

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Gilboa Davara wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 18:24 +1100, Chris Smart wrote:
>> 2010/1/22 Chris Smart <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Will Firefox 3.6 be pushed out as a system upgrade, or will Fedora
>>> stick to the stable 3.5 series?
>>>

>> So issues aside, does anyone know if we should expect 3.6 at some
>> point? I'm not sure of Fedora's upgrade policy in this area.
>>
>> -c
>
> Previous major Firefox updates only landed in current+1.
> I doubt that F12 will be any different. (Read: FF 3.6 will only land in
> F13)
>
> - Gilboa

Note that there is a potential loss of functionality in Firefox 3.6
because it only supports the new java plugin libnpjp2.so and drops support
for libjavaplugin_oji.so . This is fine if you know about it and are
running SUN java but OpenJDK doesn't provide an equivalent for
libnpjp2.so, or if it does it isn't obvious. Thus if someone is using
OpenJDK will find that java has stopped working.

 	Michael Young