Re: Disk usage error

  William John Murray<bill.murray@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     Any more ideas? I guess I could copy the filesystem contents to
> another disk and back, I have the space for that, but it seems a little
> over-the-top. And it may well come back...
>      Bill

Ooops. The script I just posted doesn't work properly.
Try this one.

#!/bin/bash
# to find directories only use this:
#find . -type d -exec ls -d {} \;

for dir in `find . -type d -exec ls -d {} \;`
# backticks!
   do
#     echo $dir;     # testing
     ls -alrS $dir >> /home/junk2
   done

sort -n --key=5 /home/junk2
rm -f /home/junk2

Note that the new abrt process produces core-dumps in /var/cache/abrt
with abandon, and panache, and elan! Especially with firefox 3.5.4.
Another good reason to have /var on its own partition, and /tmp as a
symlink into /var (so as not to waste a partition).

Geoff