Re: system-config-display crashes (F12)

Thanks for the input. I managed after much fiddling to get the display
back on track.

But there is still something strange going on. Each morning now when I
get to the computer the left monitor is dead, i.e. it doesn't seem to
have a data signal. The only way to bring it back is to power down the
computer and physically disconnect and reconnect the dvi cable from
the graphics card. After that everything works again until next
morning. There isn't anything of interest in /var/log/messages

I have a nVidia NV43GL [Quadro FX 550] card.
Both monitors connect to this card with dvi
I using the nouveau driver

Any thoughs?
Markus