F12 and time keeping ....

At first I thought this was a VMware workstation issue.  But now it
points more to F12.

I have 3 VM's  (F12, Centos5.4, Ubuntu) running under VMware Workstation
7 running on RHELv4.  FWIW, their kernel versions are 2.6.31.9-174,
2.6.18-164.10.1, and 2.6.31-14.  All system are running ntpd and all
systems have the identical ntp.conf files.

The servers they are using are:

0.tw.pool.ntp.org
1.asia.pool.ntp.org
0.asia.pool.ntp.org

Anyway, only F12's time is unstable.

If I do "ntpdate -q 0.tw.pool.ntp.org" on any other system I
consistently get an offset less than one second.  Much of the time it is
along the lines of 0.003110 sec.

With the F12 system it slowly increments from less than one second to
over 6 seconds.  At some point, seen in messages log, it gets reset.
(time reset +6.220261 s for example)

Is anyone having similar issues with time on F12?  Part of the reason I
noticed this was looking at the email headers generated from this list.
The time of the servers jumps forward and then  backward in time.  But,
since it by minutes maybe those servers just don't use ntp to keep sync....