Re: Removing Lists from Thunderbird

On 01/12/2010 04:45 AM, Jim wrote:
> I have Thunderbird making addional list in Address book, it is
> duplicating the same email addresses.
>
> I have a new list called Collected Addresses and if I clear out
> duplicate addresses
> it won't allow me to Delete this List.
>
> The email addresses I want to keep are in my Personal Address Book, How
> do I get rid of this new List, "Collected Addresses" I don't want it,
> it's just creating duplicates ?

For that  reason I haven't bothered with creating new lists, for years.
All entries seem to have to live in the Collected addresses and if you
move them to any other created address book they reappear in the
collected list so there is more than one entry for the same thing.
This is very messy when you have auto complete enabled because you will
get 2 or more displays, one for each personal address book listing, of
the same address.

Roger