Re: Perl TK

I too got the error

"Tk::Error: no event type or button # or keysym at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Tk/Widget.pm"

Interestingly enough, I got it on an application that's been working for years, and only on _one_ of two different Kubuntu 9.10 systems.
The difference I tracked down is that on the working system, I installed "Tk" by using the debian package manager:

"sudo apt-get install perl-tk".

On the _non_ working system, I installed Tk using Perl and CPAN - as root:

"perl -MCPAN -e shell"
then
"install Tk".

The primary difference which I see is that Perl's CPAN install puts Tk in /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Tk, and the native debian installer puts it in /usr/lib/perl5/Tk.  I haven't yet dug around to see if there are any differences in the installed files, but if you've installed Tk using CPAN, you may want to rename your existing Tk subdirectory to Tk-Hold and then use yum to install Fedora's perl-Tk package.

If I find any more info, I'll post it here.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=393692&topic_id=70313&forum=10#forumpost393692
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and/or blame phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx