Re: test

On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 17:56 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Jon Stanley wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Kavon Farvardin <kavon89@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> I wonder how you got through my inbox filters…. Mailing list emails always
> >> ended up in the right folder.
> >>

> > Very likely because the list address changed - see
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2010-January/097844.html.
> > Users who don't have the correct filtering rules in place won't have
> > the mail filtered.  I use gmail, so I just updated my filters -
> > however, Matt Domsch has a very good procmail recipe at
> > http://domsch.com/blog/?p=132 if you use procmail.
> >
> You apparently didn't read the message you cite.  It said....
>
> "Please don't send tests or other repeated messages to the list, since
> that will only make the queue longer."

AIUI, Jon is involved in the process of moving the mailing lists over to
*.fedoraproject.org.  His test messages are checking whether the new
mailing lists are configured correctly, whereas a test message from you
or me would be checking whether the new mailing lists are working for
us.  A huge difference, in my opinion.

Jonathan