Re: Fedora 12 - how to mount a CDROM to use on a remote desktop?

KC8LDO wrote:
> This likely has a simple answer, but I haven't figured it out yet. How
> do you get a CDROM, or DVD, to mount automatically for access? I want
> this done when a user is working remotely, using a VNC connection.
> Seems to work for a locally connected console. On Fedora 11 I had to
> screw around with a bunch of authorizations, using policykit, to get
> it to work. However that framework has been ripped out of Fedora 12 so
> how do I do it now?
>
> The "mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom" as root does not work. Also I
> didn't have any luck trying to specify the file system type etc in the
> mount command.

When giving information, saying "does not work" isn't very informative
to folks that want to help.  The least you can do is show the output of
a given command with the error or indication of why it didn't work.

--
Clarke's Conclusion:
	Never let your sense of morals interfere with doing the right thing.