Re: is suspend broken?

On 01/08/2010 03:10 PM, Peter Langfelder wrote:
> Not sure if this will help, but you can try. I have a Lenovo T60 with
> some ATI graphics card and the standard radeon driver. Suspend only
> works if the system is booted with a nomodeset option. I don't quite
> recall what went wrong when trying suspend on a modesetting kernel,
> but it never worked.

Bingo!  Obvious work-around found!  That was it!  When I add "nomodeset"
to the grub kernel line, it suspends & resumes just fine.

Thanks!  That saves me from mucking with the suspend configuration
(which now doesn't need mucking with)!

> BTW, as far as I remember, when suspended, the machine only wakes up
> when the laptop lid is opened - pressing keys does not wake it up.

Nope, a key-press worked fine for me.

> HTH,

It did indeed.  Thanks!

> Peter

Is this still "broken" in F12?  If so, it should be in the release notes
since its obviously also broken in F11....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx