Re: How to verify nvidia drivers working

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 16:08 +0100, Jan Litwi?ski wrote:
>  G'day steve,
>
>  * steve<networks1@xxxxxxx>  [100107 15:56] wrote:
>  >  I am building a new FC12 system intended for MythTV which needs the
>  >  acceleration provided by the drivers for my nvidia video card.  After following
>  >  the advice herehttp://linuxsoftwareblog.com/blog/?p=232  I think I have them
>  >  installed properly, but I only say that because X  works after the install.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  Is there some kind of test that will tell me for sure if these drivers are
>  >  functioning properly and providing the video services they?re supposed to?
>
>  glxgears ?
The default configuration for the nvidia driver displays a splash screen
on startup with the nvidia brand name.  If you see that, you're good.

Also look in /var/log/Xorg.0.log for the name of the driver that loaded.
Also, lsmod should show the nvidia kernel module.

There is a program available at

http://hftom.free.fr/qvdpautest-0.5.tar.gz

which will test and spec out your system.

It will give you information such as:

SURFACE GET BITS: 1169.1 M/s
SURFACE PUT BITS: 1255.18 M/s

MPEG DECODING (1920x1080): 78 pic/s
VC1 DECODING (1440x1080): 94 pic/s

MIXER WEAVE (1920x1080): 5586 frames/s
MIXER BOB (1920x1080): 8771 fields/s
MIXER TEMPORAL (1920x1080): 2150 fields/s
MIXER TEMPORAL_SPATIAL (1920x1080): 753 fields/s

(That is from a GTX285.)

Geoff