Re: Flash Problem

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Chris Smart <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/1/8 Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Too many sites were not playing with gnash. So, I tried to install
>> flash-plugin.
>> First weird thing is that flash-plugin does not show as installed or
>> installable in package manager for GNOME.
>
> If you're using 64bit, try the native 64bit plugin. If you're using
> 32bit, then just add the Adobe flash repo and install.

As I said to Suvayu Ali, everything is fine now. There should be no
reason why the 32bit version shouldn't work on a 64bit installation
with a wrapper, the advantage being that yum manages the 32 bit
version.

I couldn't agree more on what you say here about using free software on the net:

"I really really wish YouTube would switch to Theora so that I don’t
have to install flash.."

"http://blog.christophersmart.com/2009/07/16/flash-fedora/";

I checked a bit Wikipedia to understand the matter. It seems that Ogg
Theora is free and offers good quality streaming. Why then has Dirac
been developed?