How to verify nvidia drivers working

I am building a new FC12 system intended for MythTV which needs the acceleration provided by the drivers for my nvidia video card.  After following the advice here http://linuxsoftwareblog.com/blog/?p=232 I think I have them installed properly, but I only say that because X  works after the install.

Is there some kind of test that will tell me for sure if these drivers are functioning properly and providing the video services they’re supposed to?

TIA….

Steve