Re: /etc/login.defs created as /etc/login.defs.rpmnew

On 06Jan2010 09:41, Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > | I didn't change it. Is it possible that a program changed it?
| > Sure, though I'd imagine unlikely. It might also be a permissions
| > change; I don't know how picky rpm/yum is about this.
|
| It's chmoded group and user readable, which is not really necessary
| but doesn't change much, I suppose.

rpm has some "verify" options. See the VERIFY OPTIONS section of "man
rpm". Run it against login.defs and see what's different.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

It's better,  when you're racing with someone you don't know so well,
to stick to the inside line - it's easier to avoid the bits.
        - Barry Sheene, bike GP commentator