Re: Latest updates broke KDE sound

First let me apologize for not doing a direct reply to your email.  I don't
seem to be getting the mail forwarded from the list, even though I
re-enabled it in my profile.  So I'm hacking this to your reply.

NOW, let me express my sincere appreciation to you for solving my problem.
I don't know why Xine backend no longer works, but gstreamer fixed it.  I
added this problem to BZ #551496.  I'll update that bug, with your
solution.  I have checked the other machine and it has Xine as the backend.

Maybe after another set of updates, either to KDE or pulse, I will try switching it back.  Even after 20 years of *NIX, and 10 of Linux, I keep
learning.  I don't mind the occasional problems, as long as there is a
solution.  Gotta love Linux!

Thank you again,

Lloyd