Re: /etc/login.defs created as /etc/login.defs.rpmnew

On 06Jan2010 01:50, Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > On 06Jan2010 00:24, Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > | This message was issued while updating shadow-utils today. The weird thing is:
| > |
| > | ls -l /etc/login.defs.rpmnew
| > | -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1475 2009-11-18 08:51 /etc/login.defs.rpmnew
| > |
| > | I did a research both on the fedoraproject and redhat sites and
| > | there's nothing about what to do with this warning.
| >
| > This normally means that /etc/login.defs was not exactly as it was
| > originally installed.
|
| I didn't change it. Is it possible that a program changed it?

Sure, though I'd imagine unlikely. It might also be a permissions
change; I don't know how picky rpm/yum is about this.

| It's getting really late, here. I kept the odl file and I'll check tomorrow.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
      --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital
        Equipment Corp.,  1977