Re: problems with system-config-display and crtl-alt-backspace

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 05:00:02 Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
> > Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> >> And I cannot get my notebook to even go over 800x600 for the internal
> >> display without using system-config-display to create a xorg.conf to
> >> get higher resolution with FC12.  How do I convince X to give me more
> >> without the xorg.conf?
> >>
> >> BTW, this is on an HP nc2400 that has a 12" display, but I have always
> >> run it at 1024x768.
> >
> > When you run system-config-display what shows as "Hardware--->Monitor
> > Type".  I had, what I believe, was a similar problem.  Setting it to
> > "Generic LCD Display--->LCD Panel (with native resolution of my
> > notebook)" fix my issue.
>
> But doesn't the execution of system-config-display generate an
> xorg.conf, which is what I know I am trying to avoid (and I think Robert
> from his additions)?

Sorry to jump in this thread, but have you tried to use xrandr to set up the
resolution you want? That way you don't need to generate xorg.conf, and can
convince X to give you any resolution you want (if supported by hardware).

HTH, :-)
Marko