Re: Best way to get minimal system

On Jan 5, 2010, at 7:22 AM, Chris Smart wrote:

[...]

Ubuntu provides an "Install a command-line system" mode on the
alternate installation media. Does Fedora have something similar? I
didn't see any Anaconda options to do it. [...]

I was wondering that, myself, but I think when I installed F12 last month I noticed a similar option for Fedora. It was hidden rather well, however. (And I think I had seen it once before, back in, maybe, FC7 days.)

Hopefully, I'll remember to watch for it and report back when I upgrade (re-install to current) my rescue system partition later on.

One note, for command-line only stuff, I sometimes prefer openBSD. Depends on what and why.

Joel Rees