Re: control-C and yum update

On 10-01-04 08:12:39, John Austin wrote:
> I have been using Tony Nelson's stablemirror for several years
> (and Control/C) with yum (currently F12) with no problems.
>
> http://www.georgeanelson.com/stablemirror.htm
>
> "Stablemirror provides working Ctl-C handling during downloads, in a
> way that I belive is safe for the underlying RPM database."

I am /astounded/ that it hadn't stopped working with all the changes to
yum since 2007.  I hadn't been using it myself, as both the mirrors and
yum have seen improvement over time, but I did occasionally miss it.
I've installed it again and will look for any problems it might have
with current yum.

Anyone choosing to use stablemirror will probably want to disable
fastestmirror.