installing to external disk: esata now!

I've got several bootable usb installs of Centos, Fedora and Ubuntu.
All work great now, I think i understand all the details about drive
labeling, getting the initrd correct, and so forth. I was active in
this list back in the Fedora 4 and 5 days, when these things were
getting ironed out. Examples of the old posts (The COMPLETE guide to
installing Linux Fedora Core 5 on your external HD,
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-119764.html,

On one of the external drives, I have esata port as well, and finally
a new PC arrived that has an esata port built in. I've not tried this
with Fedora 11 yet, but I have one running Centos-5.4, the external
drive can boot from the USB connection, and while running, the esata
drive is recognized and can be mounted easily.  However, when I
disconnect the USB and boot from the esata connection, the boot fails
in a kernel panic because the /root drive cannot be found.  I believe
this is the exact same problem that afflicted efforts to boot from USB
in the past, before we learned about adding the usb-storage modules
into the mkinitrd command.  Remember those days?

Anyway, I wonder if anybody knows what modules are needed in the
initrd in order to boot from an esata drive. Currently, for the USB
boot, the modules needed are specified in /etc/modprobe.conf, they
are:

alias scsi_hostadapter ata_piix
alias scsi_hostadapter1 usb-storage

If one of you knows the similar recipe for esata, I would very much
appreciate it.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science