Re: A great LAUGH for all Fedora users today

2009/12/31 Mikkel <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 12/30/2009 08:30 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>> On Wednesday 30 December 2009 05:58 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>>> Having someone change the Linux root password would be better how? I
>>> guess I don't know enough about Win7 to know why this is funny.
>>>

>> I think he means the root password would prevent a user from doing
>> anything drastic. Changing the password of a regular user could easily
>> solved by root. Whereas in Windows most of the time a regular user logs
>> in with admin privileges.
>>
> You would think that display machines would be set up with a guest
> account. Limiting logins to the guest account drastically reduces
> the damage you can do. (Does Win7 offer the guest login?)

Yes I believe that would be the right way to do it, and I think the
newer versions of Windows still have that feature.

After all a system is as secure as you set it up to be, right? Even a
badly setup linux machine can be more vulnerable than well setup
Windows machine..

--
Suvayu