Re: Where is 2.6.32?

john wendel wrote:
On 12/30/2009 06:08 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Konstantin Svist wrote:
How come Fedora is still on 2.6.31? Is .32 held back on purpose or are
there issues merging it?
It took less than a week for .31.9 to be pushed through... but I don't
see .32 in updates-testing and it's been almost a whole month...

My personal experience with building 2.6.32.recent is that if they
enhance the video drivers any more we will be running text only. Let the
developers have the holiday off, and hopefully they will have run 2.6.32
on their laptops and be motivated to work on it.

A new year is coming.

F11 with kernel.org 2.6.32.2 + Nvidia driver working fine here. You really should learn to build a kernel from sources, once you get the config file done, the rest is easy.

And leaves you with no Fedora patches and the disk performance regression issues of 2.6.32. Also a tainted kernel which some developers will ignore if you get a trace, etc. And the last time I looked there was no ATI patch for 2.6.32.2 unless I missed it.

Building from source means it will compile, not that it will work.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>