Re: The Counter-Fedora People At #fedora

Randy Yates wrote:
> Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>> Randy Yates wrote:
>>
>>> Why do the following people, time after time, insist on banning me for
>>> asking fedora questions on #fedora?
>>>
>>>   VileGent
>>>   Khaytsus (or however you speel his name)
>>>   [R]
>>>
>>> They are absolute pricks. If the Fedora community wants to improve
>>> their position with the public, I suggest that they start monitoring
>>> #fedora for the utterly vehement, venomous, vicious attitudes these
>>> regulars have there and do a little pruning of operator priviledges.
>>>
>>> I have been a Fedora user for 4 years (since FC3). I have (for
>>> better or worse) provided documentation on some things that have
>>> helped me:
>>>
>>>   http://galois.digitalsignallabs.com/notes.htm
>>>
>>> I have encouraged my friends to switch to linux/fedora. I'm advising
>>> others. I've filed several bug reports. I'M ON-BOARD WITH FEDORA!
>>>
>>> So if you want to keep folks like me, and encourage others, please,
>>> PLEASE - clean up the #fedora channel from the egomaniac, self-centered,
>>> self-serving folks that spoil it for so many others.
>>>
>>> Have a good New Year!
>>>

>> Are you asking a question regarding an IRC chat room on the fedora
>> mailing list?  Those two things are separate.
>>

> Well there is one connection: Fedora! If one part of the community is
> hurting Fedora, the other parts should be concerned.

I have the feeling that people use one or the other.  I never use the
IRC channel.  So, I wouldn't even being to know where the correct place
to address your issue.

I just logged in to that channel and see the following disclaimer....

"Any advice you read here is provided by individual community members.
You should use it at your OWN RISK. This advice is owned by each
individual, and does NOT represent the views of Freenode, Fedora or Red
Hat. This channel may be logged"

FWIW, you may find (infrequently) people on this list that don't get
along.  They normally take their food fights offline.  :-)

--
What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind. -- Thomas Hewitt
Key, 1799-1875 Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7