Re: ]$ Compiz working but I am a little confused ?!?

Hi;

To be honest, my family complains that I am a lot confused.

On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 11:00 -0500, William Case wrote:

> I can add the ModulePath "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
> manually.  But as the advice is dated April 2009, is it out of date
> (i.e. for versions earlier than F12)?

I added the ModulePath manually -- now GLX and Compiz work.

> Shouldn't this type of configuration be added by some program or package
> automatically?  I have the "nVidia Display Settings" gui.  Shouldn't
> there be a way to set this configuration through that?

But my main question remains, shouldn't the GLX and extensions info be
somehow added automatically?  I understood that developers where trying
to get rid of the use of xorg.conf and have Xwindows just read the info
directly , so why would something as basic as GLX and extensions require
xorg.conf?

If this is a bug or a request for enhancement, who should I file it
with; Fedora; rpmfusion; Xwindows?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28