Re: 8 GB Flash drive formatted at 3.7 GB

Tim:
>> There are drivers to read ext3 on Windows.  If you use both systems,
>> you'll have to weigh up which is the most convenient.  Native file
>> systems on Linux, which supports your normal permissions and
>> ownership file details.  Or a pathetic-featured file system that
>> can be easily read by many different systems.

Antonio Olivares:
> <quote>
> or a pathetic-featured file system that can be easily read by many
> different systems.
> </quote>
>
> I like this quote, but I have seen systems which this is not TRUE :(,
> I help my students clean out their windows machines, and they had to
> force shutdown(Pressing and holding power button, machine was not
> responding had AV virus/spyware/trojan(you name it) ) and the NTFS
> partition was cleanly unmounted and therefore not easily read :(

I have to point out that the /quite universal pathetic file system/ is
FAT, not NTFS.  Though both seem designed to support the:

   Windows deniable plausibility error:
   I cannot recall the contents of that file.

There are a great many number of systems, that one way or another, can
easily work with the FAT file system.  NTFS support is still limited.

And a seasoned greeting (I think I'll use oregano) back to you.  ;-)

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.